Citizens Bank, NBC10/Telemundo62 and Philadelphia Media Network are now accepting applications for the first Champions in Action of 2018, this time in the community arts category. The Champions in Action®program provides financial, volunteer and public relations support to local nonprofits.
Nonprofit organizations focused on solving a social need through community-based artistic activity in our communities are invited to apply for the Champions award to be announced in January 2018. Applications can be completed online at http://www.citizensbank.com/community/champions and must be submitted by August 18, 2017 at midnight EDT.
Champions in Action is part of Citizens Helping Citizens Strengthen Communities, the bank’s program designed to enhance quality of life and economic vitality in local communities. It provides support for small nonprofit organizations to recognize their contributions to communities throughout Pennsylvania.
The selected Champion in Action will receive:
- a $35,000 contribution in unrestricted funds from Citizens Bank;
- media coverage from NBC10/Telemundo62, and public service announcements from Philadelphia Media Network;
- volunteer support from Citizens Bank colleagues during the nonprofit’s events;
- the opportunity for the organization’s executive director to participate in an “Executive-to-Executive” mentorship with a Citizens Bank executive;
- promotional support highlighting the Champion in Action in Citizens Bank branches;
- exposure on the Citizens Bank, NBC10/Telemundo62, and Philadelphia Media Network websites..
To be eligible for consideration, an organization must:
- Be a Pennsylvania-based nonprofit organization that serves Greater Philadelphia and addresses the designated social concern;
- Provide verification of tax-exempt status under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code; and
- Have a total operating budget of $5 million or less.
The application deadline is Friday, August 18, 2017 at midnight EDT. Applications can be completed here.