Fire at Landmark Diner

By Dan Stamm
|  Monday, Apr 29, 2013  |  Updated 7:27 AM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
The Club House Diner on Street Road in Bensalem, Pa. closed Monday morning after a small electrical fire. NBC10's Katy Zachry reports the closure isn't expected to last long.

NBC10 - Katy Zachry

The Club House Diner on Street Road in Bensalem, Pa. closed Monday morning after a small electrical fire. NBC10's Katy Zachry reports the closure isn't expected to last long.

advertisement

A popular Bucks County eatery caught fire this morning while diners ate inside.

The fire broke out around 4:30 at the Club House Diner on Street Road near the Parx Casino in Bensalem, Pa.

Employees at the 24-7 restaurant told NBC10’s Katy Zachry that they smelled smoke and went outside to investigate. They found flames coming from the roof where a wire extends to the diner’s light-up sign.

Customers were eating inside the popular diner at the time.

Firefighters arrived and were able to contain the fire to the roof. It didn't take long to extinguish the blaze.

There were no injuries and the damage was minimal.

The plan is to reopen the diner, which features cheap eats and round-the-clock hours, within a few hours, employees told Zachry.

Related Stories

Click here for more local news stories.

 


Get the latest from NBC10 Philadelphia anytime: Android/iPhone/iPad Apps | SMS Alerts | Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | RSS

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
FlyeredUp: Win 2 Tickets to Flyers Playoff Game
Win two tickets to the first... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out