Authorities evacuated several West Philly apartments early Friday morning after a gas odor was detected.
Residents from two apartments located near 46th and Spruce streets were forced from their homes around 12:30 a.m. when a malfunctioning heater caused an odor of gas to fill a duplex, officials said.
Crews detected a slight carbon monoxide reading.
Breaking news and the stories that matter to your neighborhood.
The American Red Cross of Southeastern Pennsylvania is assisting the residents, who all made it out of their homes safely.
Police took a pregnant woman to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for observation.