Recipe Courtesy of Chef Katie Cavuto Boyle
- 1-1 1/2 lb Salmon cut into 4 filets
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ cups bulgur
- ½ pound sugar snap peas
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 cup orange or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced (zest of one)
- 1 7-ounce package feta cheese, crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine bulgur with 3 cups boiling water.
- Cover and let sit for 45 min-1 hour.
- Meanwhile, cook sugar snap peas in saucepan of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Drain and shock in an ice water bath.
- Place the salmon fillets in a shallow bowl.
- Toss well with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Cook the salmon, skinside up in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium, flip the salmon and cook until the salmon is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- The skin should be crisp and the flesh medium rare.
- While the salmon is cooking combine the cookes, cooled bulgur with the snap peas tomatoes, cucumber, pepper, onion, parsley, dill and feta.
- In a small bowl, oil and lemon juice/zest.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add dressing and salad; toss to coat and serve.