A Lehigh Valley man died after being overcome by carbon monoxide fumes while clearing snow around his car.
Michael May of Woodlawn Street in Allentown, Pennsylvania died at Lehigh Valley Hospital Tuesday after he was found unresponsive in his car early Sunday, said Lehigh County Coroner Scott Grim.
Grim ruled the cause of death a weather-related accident caused by snow blocking the exhaust pipe of May’s car.
May, 55, was sitting in his car while taking a break from digging his car out from snow, said Grim. Allentown had nearly 32 inches of snow fall during the weekend blizzard.
May’s death is one of more than four dozen attributed to the East Coast storm.