TV Explodes, Girl Hurt After Possible Lightning Strike

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    [UGCDFW-CJ-weather]

    A young girl is in the hospital after a television exploded inside her home.

    Police say the girl was inside her home on the 1100 block of Forest Avenue in Hatfield late Tuesday afternoon when the television suddenly exploded. Officials say the girl suffered facial burns and was taken to the hospital. Police have not yet revealed her condition, name or age.

    Officials say the explosion may have been caused by a lightning strike. They have not yet confirmed this however and continue to investigate. 

    Stay with NBC10.com for more details on this developing story.

    Related Stories

    Severe Storms Strike the Region

    Elderly Man Does it "My Way" During DUI Arrest: Police

    NJ to Crack Down on Prostitution at Super Bowl

    Officer Electrocuted Helping Crash Victim