TV Explodes, Girl Hurt After Possible Lightning Strike

By David Chang
|  Tuesday, Jun 25, 2013  |  Updated 4:48 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
TV Explodes, Girl Hurt After Possible Lightning Strike

[UGCDFW-CJ-weather]

advertisement

A young girl is in the hospital after a television exploded inside her home.

Police say the girl was inside her home on the 1100 block of Forest Avenue in Hatfield late Tuesday afternoon when the television suddenly exploded. Officials say the girl suffered facial burns and was taken to the hospital. Police have not yet revealed her condition, name or age.

Officials say the explosion may have been caused by a lightning strike. They have not yet confirmed this however and continue to investigate. 

Stay with NBC10.com for more details on this developing story.

Related Stories

Severe Storms Strike the Region

Elderly Man Does it "My Way" During DUI Arrest: Police

NJ to Crack Down on Prostitution at Super Bowl

Officer Electrocuted Helping Crash Victim
 

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
FlyeredUp: Win 2 Tickets to Flyers Playoff Game
Win two tickets to the first 2014... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out