A Winter Weather Advisory is in effect through the Wednesday morning rush for all counties north and west of Philadelphia.
Wednesday school closings/delays:
- Upper Bucks County Vocational Tech School (Bucks County)—Two-hour delay
- Kutztown Area School District (Berks County)--Two-hour delay
- Plumstead Christian School (Bucks County)—two-hour delay
- Quakertown Community (Bucks County)—Two-hour delay, no kindergarden in the morning
- Brandywine Height School District--Two-hour delay
- Twin Valley School District (Berks County)--Two-hour delay
- Hillside School (Lehigh County)--Two-hour delay
- Exeter Twp School District (Berks County)--Two-hour, modified kindergarden
- Central Catholic High School--Two-hour delay
- Moravian Academy (Northampton County)--Two-hour delay
- Lehigh Career and Tech Institute (Lehigh County)--Two-hour delay
- Reading SDA Junior Academy (Berks County)--Two-hour delay
- Nazareth Area School District (Northampton County)--Two-hour delay
Here's a weather update in some areas:
When you head out this morning this is most likely what you'll find, a heavy wet snowy mix covering your car, like NBC 10’s Justin Pizzi found in Bala Cynwyd.
A usual problem spot, the hills of Manayunk were just dripping wet with rainy runoff, but no sign of ice.
On Ridge Avenue in Roxborough we found trees iced over weighing down branches on power lines, which could cause a potential problem.
In Andorra there are soggy snow-covered lawns, but there will be no shoveling to do this morning.
Penndot trucks are at work in Plymouth Township, spreading salt on rainy rods, in case the temperature drops during morning rush.
A busy early morning for road crews in Upper MaCungie Township as they hustle to keep parking lots and streets free of ice and snow. Traffic along main roads like Rt. 100 is moving along at a normal pace-- PennDOT able to stay ahead of the winter storm. Side streets and intersections however remain slushy. And, the rain that’s been falling throughout the night has crusted over the snow on the ground. Cars need to be scraped and sidewalks in the area need shoveling.
Another storm is due on Friday, but it should be mainly, if not all rain.