Consider yourself warned: Much of Center City will be swamped by protests and marches Friday as the inauguration of Donald Trump takes place 140 miles south in Washington D.C.
Philadelphia police recommended that "the public can expect delays in the areas of Center City, City Hall and Independence Mall from 12 p.m. through the evening hours due to planned protest activity."
Multiple protests will take place Friday and Saturday, police said.
"It is recommended that these areas be avoided if possible and public transportation be utilized as an alternative," police said.
The Friday actions began as students walked out as Donald Trump took the presidential oath at noon. The students then planned on converging on Thomas Paine Plaza near City Hall around 3 p.m., said organizers. The group will then join a unified march at Washington Square at 4 p.m.
With more than 20 total groups expected, there could be rolling street closures as demonstrators march.
A "Toke Back the Wall" rally is also planned for after 4 p.m. Friday as marijuana advocates descend on Rittenhouse Square.
Many downtown street closures are also planned for the massive "Women's March in Philadelphia" protest on Saturday.
The epicenter of that demonstration will be the Ben Franklin Parkway around Eakins Oval, according to the city.
Some 20,000 people are expected for the event that kicks off in the morning and will last several hours.
Protesters will march from Logan Circle, starting at 10 a.m., and arrive at Eakins Oval at noon, where a demonstration will commence.
According to the city, the following streets will be closed from 6:55 a.m. to 12 p.m., Saturday:
• Benjamin Franklin Parkway between 16th Street and 20th Street (including Logan Circle)
• 19th Street between Race Street and Vine Street
• Race Street between 20th Street and Logan Circle
The following streets will be closed from 6:55 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday:
• Benjamin Franklin Parkway between 20th Street and Eakins Oval (all lanes)
• 21st Street between Pennsylvania Avenue and Winter Street
• 22nd Street between Pennsylvania Avenue and Race Street
• 23rd Street between Pennsylvania Avenue and Benjamin Franklin Parkway
• Spring Garden Street between Pennsylvania Avenue and Benjamin Franklin Parkway
• Kelly Drive (outbound) from Benjamin Franklin Parkway to Fairmount Avenue
• Martin Luther King Drive between Eakins Oval and Sweet Briar Drive
• Spring Garden Street Bridge at 31st Street