Expect road closures and parking restrictions in the Philadelphia Art Museum area and Center City for the city’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
The parade kicks off from 20th Street and JFK Boulevard around 8:30 a.m. and runs through noon, looping its way to Eakins Oval.
If you park along the parade route pay attention to “Temporary No Parking” signs because your car could be relocated starting around 6 p.m. Wednesday, said Philadelphia Police. (Click here if you get towed)
Crews closed Eakins Oval between Kelly and Martin Luther King drives Wednesday from 9:30 to 3 p.m. for street rehearsals and then again after the evening rush at 6:30 p.m.
Starting at 7 p.m. Wednesday, inbound lanes of JFK Boulevard from 20th Street to Schuylkill Avenue will be closed for set up. The outbound lanes will be closed at 9 p.m. The closures will remain in place until the parade wraps up Thursday.
Expect closures along 20th Street starting at 2 a.m. from JFK Boulevard to Market Street and expanding from Market tot eh Ben Franklin Parkway by 6 a.m. At 8a.m. the entire parade route will be closed.
- Starts at 20th Street and JFK Blvd.
- Eastbound on JFK Blvd. to 16th Street
- Northbound on 16th Street to Benjamin Franklin Parkway
- Westbound on Benjamin Franklin Parkway (south side inner lanes) to Eakins Oval
- Around Eakins Oval to Kelly Drive
- Parade disperses via Kelly Drive and Spring Garden Extension
And, if you don't want to go outside for your Thanksgiving Parade fix, you can just tune into the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on NBC10.