Baja Fish Tacos with PACE Salsa Verde Jicama Slaw and Spicy Sour Cream
Ingredients Serves 4-6
1 cup Jicama, Peeled and Julienne Cut
1 cup Green Cabbage, Julienne Cut
1/4 cup Carrots Peeled and Julienne Cut
1/4 cup Red Onion, Julienne Cut
1 cup Pace Salsa Verde
Spicy Sour Cream
1 cup Sour Cream
Fresh Juice of ½ a Lime
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Chipotle Chile Powder
½ tsp Salt
1 lb Grouper (Snapper or Mahi Mahi)
Salt to taste
Ground Black Pepper to taste
2 Tbsp Corn or Canola Oil
1 cup Cilantro, cleaned and torn large
12 Tortillas, warm (Corn or Flour)
1. Combined Slaw ingredients in a mixing bowl and let rest for 10 minutes to develop flavors. Reserve for assembly.
2. Combined Spicy Sour Cream ingredients in a mixing bowl, taste and adjust seasoning with lime juice, sugar, or salt. Rest for 10 minutes to develop flavors. Reserve for assembly.
3. Using a lightly damp lint free cloth, wrap Tortillas in cloth, place in MW safe dish and preset MW for 1 minutes on high.
4. Prepare Fish. Clean and check and remove pin bones, slice in to ¾” strips, place on clean plate lined with napkins. Season with salt and pepper on all sides. Reserve
5. Preheat 10” skillet on Med-high heat for 2-3 minutes
6. Add oil pan, wait 30 second to 1 minute for oil to get hot.
7. Add strips of fish one at a time to hot oil. Cook until deep brown color develops on first side, turn over strips and repeat until cooked.
8. Remove from pan and place on clean serving dish.
9. MW tortillas
10. Assemble Tacos as follows: Tortilla, Fish, Jicama Salsa, Spicy Sour Cream, garnish Cilantro
Check out more recipes from Campbell's: