Seriously. Who thought of these? And more importantly...WHY?! Some of these laws are so off the wall, it really makes you wonder, who the heck did these things to begin with?
- In Ridley Park, Delaware County, it is illegal to walk backwards while eating peanuts infront of Barnstormers Auditorium while a performance is going on. Um...What?
- It is contrary to Pennsylvania law to discharge a gun, cannon, revolver or other explosive weapon at a wedding.
- It is illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator outside. Totally. Because so many people try to do this.
- Any motorist driving along a country road at night must stop every mile and send up a rocket signal, wait ten minutes for the road to be cleared of livestock, and continue.
- A special cleaning ordinance bans housewives from hiding dirt and dust under a rug in a dwelling. So is a cop going to come in your house, check under your rug and arrest you?
- You may not sing in the bathtub. Again, what law authority will ever see, better yet hear you do this? And anyway, bathtime is my time to shine.
- Fireworks stores may not sell fireworks to Pennsylvania residents. Does that mean that residents of other states can come and buy fireworks?
- A person is not eligible to become Governor if he/she has participated in a duel. Oh crap! There goes my political career.
- Any motorist who sights a team of horses coming toward him must pull well off the road, cover his car with a blanket or canvas that blends with the countryside, and let the horses pass. I'm speechless.
- Ministers are forbidden from performing marriages when either the bride or groom is drunk. Good one. No one wants to wake up with a hangover and a husband.
- Motorized vehicles are not to be sold on Sundays.
- You may not catch a fish with your hands. Well what are you supposed to do if you forgot your fishing rod?
- You may not catch a fish by any body part except the mouth. Yum, dinner.
- Dynamite is not to be used to catch fish. So just a rod or your mouth. Got it.
- In Allentown, it is illegal for a man to become aroused in public. Arresting a guy for this must be hard work.
Dumb Laws in New Jersey:
- It is illegal to wear a bullet-proof vest while committing a murder. This law is by far my favorite. Enough said.
- One must yield a phone line to a person if it is an emergency. Pretty sure most people would yield a phone line for a emergency.
- It is against the law for a man to knit during the fishing season. Why not? Really, why not?
- It is against the law to “frown” at a police officer. Next time I get pulled over, I'll be sure to flash the nice man my pearly whites and show him how happy I am to be getting a ticket.
- You may not slurp your soup. Agreed. This should be illegal.
Dumb Laws in Delaware (Rehoboth Beach):
- One may not whisper in church. But talking really loud is ok.
- No person shall pretend to sleep on a bench on the boardwalk. You can really sleep, just not PRETEND to sleep.
- Six-year-old girls may not run around without being fully clothed. At any other age, it ok, right?
- Alcohol may not be served in nightclubs if dancing is occurring on the premises at the same time. Been there, done that.
All "dumb laws" were obtained from www.dumblaws.com and not all have been confirmed as legitimate laws.