Officers and volunteers gathered and distributed PJs and books to close to 50 children living in shelters. Kids from as young as infants to 12 years old got the jammies and books.
The books were paired with the pajamas to support children’s literacy.
The Salvation Army, along with schools and churches around the city, has held “Jammin' for Jammies” donation drives since December. They collected more than 2,000 pairs of clothes to help benefit kids.
The PJs were handed out all afternoon at the following locations:
- The Salvation Army, 701 North Broad St.
- Trevor’s Place, 1624 Poplar St.
- Project Home, 1901 N Judson St.
- Woodstock Family Center, 1984 N Woodstock St
- Episcopal Community Services, 6006 West Girard St.
- Jane Addams Place, 25 S 43rd St.
- Self Inc. - Fernwood East Shelter, 7979 State Road