By: Jamie and Bobby Dean
Serves 4 kids and 2 adults
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 8 slices white bread
- 6 tablespoons favorite jam
- 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Spread the butter on one side of each bread slice. Flip 4 slices over and spread them with the jam. Flip the remaining slices over and spread them with the peanut butter. Sandwich together the jam slices and the peanut butter slices, keeping the buttered sides of the bread facing out.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the sandwiches and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the tops. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden brown. Flip the sandwiches over and sprinkle the tops with cinnamon sugar. Continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden brown.
- Remove the sandwiches from the skillet and cut into quarters. Serve, with the crusts on or off, depending on your child's preferences.