With colder temperatures comes rising energy costs, and PECO customers should get their homes ready for the winter weather now. PECO has a to-do list for winterizing your home, and it could save you $300 a year:
- Have heaters professionally inspected and cleaned regularly
- Replace air filters
- Install a hot water heater insulating wrap and insulating tape for hot water pipes in exposed areas.
- Install water-saving shower heads to reduce the amount of hot water that you use.
- Install programmable thermostats to better regulate temperatures.
- Seal doors and windows with weather stripping to keep the hot air in and the cold air out.
- Install plastic sheeting for windows in homes that do not have storm windows or double pane windows.
PECO has other ways you can save money and energy:
- PECO Smart Ideas is an interactive website designed to help you be more energy conscience
- PECO's Budget Billing Program which makes short-term fluctuation in your monthly bills easier to handle by dividing annual energy costs evenly.
- For low and fixed-income families, PECO has a number of programs available including the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) which provides grants to help customers meet monthly heating costs. For more information, along with eligibility requirements, call 1-800-34-HELP-4.