Curry Tofu Recipe
- 1 medium red onion
- 1lb of extra firm tofu
- 3 cups of coconut milk
- 1/4 cup of liquid bragss/tamari sauce/soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 2 1/2 tablespoon of curry powder
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups of vegetable oil
1. 24hrs ahead of time freeze tofu
2. After tofu is completely thawed, squeeze tofu to drain the excess water from it, cut into
3/4 inch cubes, set aside.
3.Chop and dice red onion in 2 inch pieces
4. In a large skillet over medium heat saute the red onions to soften
5. Pour coconut milk into skillet along with onions, add curry powder, braggs/soy sauce/
tamari sauce, and cumin. Cover and cook on high heat for 2 mins, set aside.
6. In a large skillet heat vegetable oil at 325 degrees, fry tofu diced tofu chunks for 1 min,
drain and add to the coconut curry sauce, stir and pour over caribbean peas and rice
For the braggs/soy sauce/tamari either one can be used in this recipe. I will have the
actual dish prepared ahead of time, along with the carribbean peas and rice, vegan chicken seafood salad, and fresh ginger beer.