School officials in western Pennsylvania say students were served rice contaminated with insects but don't believe anyone was harmed.
Authorities in the West Allegheny School District say the brown rice was served Monday to about 130 children at three elementary schools.
They say the rice was pulled from food lines once the beetle-like weevils were discovered.
Weevils are commonly found in stored grain products.
The Allegheny County Health Department says they are killed when the rice is cooked and not harmful if ingested.
Schools spokeswoman Karen Ruhl says the district will review its food storage and preparation practices.
But school officials believe the government-issued rice was contaminated before it was delivered.
The district is about 10 miles west of Pittsburgh.