The Flyers are happy to return home after some extensive travel over the span of 24 days.
They could also use a win following three straight losses on the road.
The Flyers (2-2-1) will look to jump back into the win column on Saturday when they host the Stars (1-7-1).
Let's get into the essentials:
• When: 7 p.m. ET with Flyers Pregame Live at 6:30 p.m. ET
• Where: Wells Fargo Center
• Broadcast: NBC Sports Philadelphia
• Live stream: NBCSportsPhiladelphia.com and the NBC Sports MyTeams app
• Could this be the game Shayne Gostisbehere gets going?
Complete coverage of the Philadelphia Flyers and their rivals in the NHL from NBC Sports Philadelphia.
It could be for a few reasons.
Gostisbehere has four goals and seven points in seven career games against the Stars. The four goals are tied for his most against any NHL opponent.
Dallas entered Saturday with a minus-13 goal differential, tied for second worst in the league.
Gostisbehere, an offensive-minded defenseman, has gone scoreless through the first five games of the season for the first time in his career. He has eight shots over his last two games and the Flyers' power play was impressive in the team's first game at the Wells Fargo Center.
Look for him to strike Saturday.
I like his overall effort. I think he's working extremely hard at both ends. I think offensively, he might be double clutching a little bit right now. But we've got a strong belief in him, he's a good player. He's coming in here with the right mindset. He's a little bit like our team right now - we're not quite there but we're working and we're going to get there with that work and that preparation.
- Flyers head coach Alain Vigneault on Gostisbehere
• Keep an eye on the Flyers' second line. Jakub Voracek is coming off a strong game, Oskar Lindblom has three goals in five contests and Kevin Hayes went scoreless over the three-game road trip, so the 27-year-old center is in a good spot to generate offense at home.
Prior to his three-point effort against the Oilers, Voracek had gone quietly on the score sheet. Following practice Friday, he opened up about his start.
• Last season, the Stars were one win away from making the Western Conference Final. This season, they're off to a rough start. Dallas is 1 for 25 on the power play and it has been outscored 17-7 on its current five-game losing streak.
Claude Giroux-Sean Couturier-Travis Konecny
Oskar Lindblom-Kevin Hayes-Jakub Voracek
James van Riemsdyk-Scott Laughton-Tyler Pitlick
Carsen Twarynski-Michael Raffl-Chris Stewart
Ivan Provorov-Matt Niskanen
Travis Sanheim-Justin Braun
Shayne Gostisbehere-Robert Hagg
Click here to download the MyTeams App by NBC Sports! Receive comprehensive coverage of your teams and stream the Flyers, Sixers and Phillies games easily on your device.