VOORHEES, N.J. - The Flyers and Islanders are back at it Tuesday night.
Alain Vigneault's team travels to New York for its second exhibition game.
Complete coverage of the Philadelphia Flyers and their rivals in the NHL from NBC Sports Philadelphia.
Let's get into the essentials:
• When: 7 p.m. ET
• Where: Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
• Broadcast: NBC Sports Philadelphia+
• A roster hopeful to keep an eye on will be German Rubtsov. He scored two goals in the rookie game, played well Monday night and he's right back out there Tuesday night. It appears like the Flyers could test his endurance and consistency with plenty of looks during the exhibition slate after an injury-shortened 2018-19 season.
"That's one of the reasons he's playing tonight," Vigneault said. "There are some decisions to be made and some of things we're going to do is put some players in a tougher spot to see how they react to it."
Rubtsov does a lot of things that profile well for a bottom-six role.
"I liked his game," Vigneault said. "I thought we put him in penalty killing situations, I thought with his linemates he was good and I liked his pace.
"When I watched him in the rookie game, you could see the skill. … He has to continue to improve. There seems to be a lot of upside there."
• Connor Bunnaman has had an underrated camp. The 2016 fourth-round pick scored 19 goals in his first year of pro last season with AHL affiliate Lehigh Valley. He has good size and some sneaky speed.
The 21-year-old did not play in the rookie game or the Flyers' preseason opener, so this will be our first look at him in game action.
• Many players did not partake in morning skate, so the Flyers' projected lineup is to be announced. Below is the game roster:
Click here to download the MyTeams App by NBC Sports! Receive comprehensive coverage of your teams and stream the Flyers, Sixers and Phillies games easily on your device.