VOORHEES, N.J. - The Flyers will be at the preseason midpoint after Wednesday night.
First, they'll visit the world's most famous arena for their fourth exhibition game in four days when they play the Rangers.
Complete coverage of the Philadelphia Flyers and their rivals in the NHL from NBC Sports Philadelphia.
A few notables ahead of puck drop:
• After a night off, roster hopefuls Philippe Myers, Mikhail Vorobyev and Nicolas Aube-Kubel are back at it and in favorable spots.
Vorobyev, eyeing a bottom-six job, has the pleasure of centering Claude Giroux on the first line - not a bad supporting cast for an audition.
Myers is a part of the top D pair alongside Robert Hagg, while Aube-Kubel will be on the wing of NHLer Jordan Weal.
All good opportunities before an upcoming round of cuts Thursday.
• Brian Elliott will make his preseason debut and start in net. It'll be interesting to see how sharp he looks after not being 100 percent at the end of 2017-18 following core muscle surgery and a summer focused on recovery (see story). Carter Hart, who stopped all 11 shots he faced Monday, is tonight's second goalie.
• Scott Laughton is playing on the wing again. Head coach Dave Hakstol said last Saturday they want to get Laughton a game at center, so that should still come over the final four exhibition contests. However, the Flyers may like him more at wing right now.
• First-line center Sean Couturier (knee) did not practice Wednesday back at Flyers Skate Zone with the group not playing against the Rangers. Not skating was a part of the schedule for Couturier.
• Carsen Twarynski is an underrated winger playing well. He scored a goal and had a plus-2 rating in Tuesday night's 5-1 win (see story). Last season, he scored 45 goals for the WHL's Kelowna Rockets. The 20-year-old will be worth watching in his first season with AHL affiliate Lehigh Valley.
Here's what he said after Wednesday's morning skate, via NBC Sports Philadelphia's John Boruk:
I've had the mentality of wanting to earn my spot here over the past couple of years. If you don't see yourself doing it, it's going to be tough for you to actually accomplish it. I feel like I've been performing well and working my way to earn a spot.
Here are the essentials for tonight:
When: 7 p.m.
Where: Madison Square Garden
Live stream: The Flyers' official website
Claude Giroux-Mikhail Vorobyev-Dale Weise
Oskar Lindblom-Corban Knight-Scott Laughton
Carsen Twarynski-Jordan Weal-Nicolas Aube-Kubel
Cole Bardreau-German Rubtsov-Colin McDonald
Robert Hagg-Philippe Myers
T.J. Brennan-Radko Gudas
Yegor Zamula-Christian Folin