The Eagles went into Los Angeles on Sunday night and punched the Rams in the face.
The Rams hit back late, turned a 30-13 deficit into a one-possession game and had a chance to force overtime on a last-second heave from Jared Goff, but the Eagles (7-7) held tight for a 30-23 win (see Roob's observations).
Complete coverage of the Philadelphia Eagles and their NFL rivals from NBC Sports Philadelphia.
With the win, the Eagles' playoff hopes, while still slim, increased. According to FiveThirtyEight, the Eagles' playoff chances jumped to 37 percent with the win. They remain extremely unlikely to win the NFC East at 5 percent. But, hey, there's still a chance.
Here are some updated scenarios after the Birds' win Sunday:
• If the Eagles beat Houston next week, their playoff chances would increase to 51 percent.
• If they win out - at home against the Texans, at Washington - their chances jump up to 72 percent. The 10-4 Texans pose the stiffest test. A loss to Houston drops the Birds' chances to 10 percent. A win and a playoff berth could become a lot more realistic.
• To claim the NFC East, the Eagles would need to win out and the Cowboys either lose out or lose and tie. The Eagles hold the tiebreaker over Washington (7-7).
• The Eagles need to finish at least one game better than the Vikings over the final two weeks to move into the 6-seed.
• The Seahawks (8-6) hold the tiebreaker over the Eagles because of conference record.
• Carolina (6-7) has the tiebreaker over the Eagles because of head-to-head wins.
Click here to download the new MyTeams App by NBC Sports! Receive comprehensive coverage of your teams and stream the Flyers, Sixers and Phillies games easily on your device.