The Eagles were back on the practice field Thursday without several key players as they continue preparations for Dallas on a short week.
The official injury report will be released later this afternoon, but the following players were not practicing during the portion of the session open to reporters:
• Jordan Hicks (calf)
• Tim Jernigan (back)
• Avonte Maddox (knee, ankle)
• Jalen Mills (foot)
• Jason Peters (ankle)
• Michael Bennett (foot)
All of those players, except for Bennett, were listed as "did not practice" on Wednesday's estimated injury report.
Because of the short week, the Eagles have just two real days of practice this week today and Friday. Wednesday was just a walkthrough.
A few notes from Thursday:
• Peters was at practice but didn't have a helmet and was not participating. I wouldn't worry about him. They'll tape his ankle and he should be good to play. It's just about getting his 36-year-old body to Sundays at this point.
• Same kind of goes for Bennett. He missed Wednesday and Thursday last week and was still able to play. It seems like the Eagles are just letting his foot rest during the week. He got injured in the Giants game.
• No Maddox and Hicks for the second straight day isn't a good sign. Doug Pederson expressed some optimism that they might be able to return for this game, but them missing practice doesn't bode well for a possible return.
• Mills' foot injury is lingering now and he won't be back this Sunday. It appears more serious than we first thought.
• Jernigan dealt with back spasms Monday night after inactives came out and was unable to play. Pederson expected Jernigan to be fine for this week, but there should probably be some concern with him.
• Josh Adams (shoulder), who was limited Wednesday, was back at practice Thursday. That's a good sign. It was also good to see Darren Sproles at practice Thursday; it looks like he came out of his first game back OK.
Click here to download the new MyTeams App by NBC Sports! Receive comprehensive coverage of your teams and stream the Flyers, Sixers and Phillies games easily on your device.