Nigel Bradham was supposed to be in court on Monday morning in Miami on a felony battery charge.
But on Friday, according to court documents, the Eagles linebacker and the prosecution accepted a deferred prosecution program, which is basically a diversionary program that will keep the case out of court and the 27-year-old out of jail.
According to court records, the court will presumably decide to accept or decline Bradham's entrance into the program on July 13 at 9:35 a.m.
Bradham's trial date was previously moved twice before, from January to April and then to July. As recently as June 14, Bradham told the Philadelphia Inquirer he expected to be cleared in the incident. Even shortly after the indecent, Bradham said he "most definitely" expected to have his name cleared.
This felony charge against Bradham stemmed from an incident that happened nearly a year ago, when he allegedly assaulted a Miami hotel employee. The altercation reportedly arose from the length of time it took the 50-year-old hotel employee, Jean Courois, to bring Bradham's group of friends their beach umbrella.
Not long after this incident that led to a felony charge, Bradham tried to bring a loaded handgun through Miami airport security, which led to Jim Schwartz's "dumbass" line. Bradham told the Inquirer he paid a $100 fine for that incident.
Aside from the off-the-field incidents, Bradham's first year in Philadelphia went very well. He played nearly every one of the team's defensive snaps and proved to be a fine complement to middle linebacker Jordan Hicks.
Bradham is entering the second year of the two-year contract he signed with the Eagles before the 2016 season. He will have a salary cap number of $4.75 million in 2017.
Eagles training camp begins later this month.