"Hollywood" Vs. the "Kazmanian Devil" sounds like an epic wrestling match-up you would watch on pay-per-view, but instead it's a battle of young, left-handed pitchers dueling for World Series glory.
The battleground for these two titans is Game 5 of the World Series with the entire hopes of all of Philadelphia hanging on the left arm of Hamels and hoping that the "Kazmanian Devil" has no gas left in his tank.
These two guys have a lot in common, starting with the fact that women think they're "hotties." Sex appeal never hurts a good storyline.
They share some things on and off the field:
- They have striking good looks that drive some fans wild
- They are both just 24 years old
- Both are tall and skinny
- Each has made an All Star team
But they also have some differences especially away from the diamond:
- Hamels hails from Southern California (maybe that is part of the Hollywood thing) while Kazmir comes from Houston, Texas.
- Hamels is married to former "Survivor" and Playboy model Heidi Strobel while it appears Kazmir is seriously single. (Even though there are plenty of Web posters out there who would love to be Mrs. Kazmir)
- Hamels has won four playoff games while Kazmir has only won one.
The biggest difference between Hamels and Kazmir appears to be that Hamels will be pitching for the World Series win while Kazmir is just pitching to stay alive -- advantage "Hollywood."