Tom Cruise Files $50 Million Suit Over Suri Abandonment Claims

Actor taking Life & Style to court for falsely claiming that he's skipped out on his and Katie Holmes' 6-year-old daughter.

responde modelaje
WireImage

Tom Cruise isn't keeping his eyes wide shut over this.

The "Mission: Impossible" star is suing Life & Style and In Touch Weekly magazines for defamation over stories the magazines published claiming that Cruise abandoned his and Katie Holmes' 6-year-old daughter, Suri.

He is seeking $50 million in damages.

U.S. & World

Stories that affect your life across the U.S. and around the world.

New Coronavirus Cases of Unknown Origin Found on West Coast

Joe Coulombe, Founder of Trader Joe’s Markets, Dies at 89

Nicole Kidman never spoke to Katie Holmes after Tom Cruise split

In a statement released Wednesday, Cruise's lawyer, Bert Fields, said: "Tom is a caring father who dearly loves Suri. She's a vital part of his life and always will be. To say he has 'abandoned' her is a vicious lie. To say it in lurid headlines with a tearful picture of Suri is reprehensible."

Over the last few months, the 50-year-old star has been forced to spend less time with Suri--a move that his camp chalked up to the actor's busy schedule while shooting his new film "All You Need Is Kill" in London.

"He calls Suri every day, sometimes twice a day," Fields told E! News last month. "He loves Suri and is a constant presence in her life. As in the past, when hes shooting in a foreign country, he has to rely on daily phone calls."

A representative for the publisher had no comment.

Check out pics of Tom, Katie and Suri in happier times

Copyright E! Online
Contact Us