Teachers: Hey, Maaaaan, I Think These Are Pot Brownies

Brownie, you're doing a heckuva job

The Star 28 Bullard
Noah Bullard, NBC 5

A group of preschool teachers in Los Angeles might want to just say no to brownies next time.

Five teachers at an unidentified Los Angeles preschool complained of fatigue, poor coordination and difficulty walking, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

It didn't take long to find the culprit.

U.S. & World

Stories that affect your life across the U.S. and around the world.

House Outlines Impeachment Case, Trump Team Has Fiery Answer

Prince Harry, Meghan to Give Up ‘Royal Highness’ Titles

A coworker had purchased some suspicious brownies from a street vendor, the Los Angeles Times reported:

The preschool teacher who brought in the brownies for her colleagues told investigators that she purchased them two days earlier from a street vendor who claimed to be selling them as a church fundraiser. The unlabeled brownies cost $1.50 each and came individually in plastic wrap. The teacher did not consume any of them but said her adult son had eaten some before her bringing them to the school.

Five teachers ate one brownie each; a sixth teacher took a bite but promptly spit it out, "complaining of an unusual taste," the CDC report said. The brownies were left in a break room.

About half an hour after one of the teachers ate the brownie, the CDC report said, the preschool director and the administrator observed one instructor becoming sleepy and dizzy and suffering shortness of breath, with tingling and numbness in her face, forehead and arms.

The accidental marijuana session happened April 7. Everyone who ate the brownies felt better within three to 10 hours -- although we have to assume that time was going by really, really, really, really slow.

Contact Us