Emerald cashews are being recalled nationwide over concerns some packages could contain glass pieces, U.S. Food and Drug Administration said.
Snyder's-Lance, Inc., makers of Emerald brand nuts, is issuing a voluntary recall of a limited number of Emerald 100 Calorie Pack Roasted and Salted Cashew Halves & Pieces product.
The product is being recalled because of the possible presence of small pieces of glass that could potentially cause harm, according to the FDA. No injuries have been reported.
The affected products include:
- Product: Emerald 100 Calorie Packs Roasted & Salted Cashew Halves & Pieces
- Retail Carton UPC Code: 0 10300 33324 1
- Retail Carton "Best Before" Dates: 12 DEC 16, 13 DEC 16, 18 DEC 16, 21 DEC 16
- Inner Package UPC Code: 0 10300 33399 9
- Inner Package Production Codes: 15346D346S, 15347D346S, 15352D346S, 15355D346S
[[374497231 , C]]
U.S. & World
Stories that affect your life across the U.S. and around the world.
The company issued a statement addressing the recall: "The quality and safety of our products are the top priority for our company. We apologize to our retail customers and consumers and sincerely regret an inconvenience created by this recall. We are working and cooperating fully with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on this voluntary recall."
Customers are urged to contact consumer affairs for a full refund at 503-364-0399 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Pacific Time, Monday through Friday, or online.