A pending divorce from Marc Anthony didn't keep J. Lo from staging a gangbusters comeback so strong it bumped Lady Gaga from the No.1 spot on this year's
Forbes Celebrity 100 list. Click to see which other celebrities topped the 2012 list.
1. Jennifer Lopez: A pending divorce from Marc Anthony didn't keep J. Lo from staging a gangbusters comeback so strong it bumped Lady Gaga from the No.1 spot on this year's Forbes Celebrity 100 list. In addition to landing a sweet judging gig on "American Idol" back in 2010 (she'll rake in $20 million for season 2), Lopez scored a number of lucrative endorsements, and launched a new clothing line and fragrance. Click to see which other celebrities topped the 2012 list.
2. Oprah Winfrey: While Oprah Winfrey is still the top earner on the list ($165 million), she came in at No. 2. Forbes called it a "rough" year for Winfrey, who ended her 25-year run on the "Oprah" show and is focused on boosting her struggling OWN cable network.
3. Justin Bieber: At just 18, Biebs made the list for the second time. While he collected a cool $55 mill thanks to touring and record sales, Forbes was more impressed with the heartthrob's business savvy, flexing his budding VC muscles to invest in startups like Spotify, Tinychat and Enflick.
4. Rihanna: With $53 million dollars and as many Facebook fans, our favorite good-girl-turned-bad makes the Forbes list for the first time. Besides her Top 10 hits and demanding touring schedule, Rihanna is also the face of Vita Coco and Nivea and has her own fragrance (Reb'l Fleur). With naval-blockbuster "Battleship" set to open this weekend, marking Rihanna's first foray into the film industry, we won't be surprised to see the tatted-up diva back here in 2013.
Lady Gaga: Sure Gaga slipped from No. 1 to No. 5 this year, her earnings dipping to a not-too-shabby $52 million due to lack of touring. Still, the "Born This Way" pop phenom maintains her 24 million Twitter followers, making her a social media maestra, not to mention the most popular Twitter user ever.
6. Britney Spears: Britney Spears is a hit, baby, one more time! Her most recent album "Femme Fatale" went platinum, and the pop princess has been raking in the dough by touring like crazy. That's not all for Brit Brit, who's now engaged to longtime beau and former agent Jason Trawick. After perhaps taking notes from fellow Mouseketeer and "Voice" judge Christina Aguilera, Spears was just announced as the newest judge on "The X Factor."
7. Kim Kardashian: 2011 seemed like a rough year for Kim K, whose marriage to Kris Humphries lasted a mere 72 days before ending in divorce. Still it made the reality TV star a tabloid sensation like no other, and Kim bounced back in to business, renewing "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" for three more seasons, and opening another DASH clothing store as well as a new Kardashian Khaos boutique in Las Vegas.
8. Katy Perry: Though her hair changed to light pink and bright pink, and from blue to purple, 2011 was all about the green for Katy Perry thanks to the continued success of both her 2010 "Teenage Dream" album and the "California Dreams" tour.
9. Tom Cruise: The fact that "Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol Cruise" took in a jaw-dropping $700 million at the box office means Tom Cruise not only lands in the top 10, he's also the single most powerful actor in Hollywood — 20 slots above No. 2 actor Brad Pitt. We'll see more of Cruise later this year when "Rock of Ages" hits theaters in June.
Getty Images for AFI
10. Steven Spielberg: Between Spielberg's DreamWorks studio producing network primetime shows "Terra Nova" and "Smash," and the legend himself stepping back into the director's chair for "The Adventures of Tintin" and "War Horse," the Oscar-winning billionaire director added another $130 million to his hefty coffers.