LOS ANGELES — Lindsay Lohan has obtained a restraining order against a man she says has shown up at her house and sent her numerous bizarre text messages.
The temporary order issued Thursday bars David Cocordan from attempting to contact or meet the actress.
U.S. & World
Stories that affect your life across the U.S. and around the world.
Lohan wrote in a sworn declaration that she is frightened of the 38-year-old man.
Text messages attached to Lohan's petition state the sender believes he and Lohan are engaged, and has left her a box of chocolates and other items.
He claimed in one message that he was in the courtroom last month when the 24-year-old actress was sentenced to 120 days in jail.
Lohan's publicist, Steve Honig, said he would not comment on Lohan's security matters.
Anthony McCartney can be reached at http://twitter.com/celebritydocket
Copyright 2011 by Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Related Content from AccessHollywood.com: