An injury won't stop Jewel from "Dancing."
Though she took to her blog and "The Billy Bush Show" to discuss her break from rehearsals after a tendinitis diagnosis on Wednesday, the "Dancing With the Stars" contestant said on Thursday that the show – which premieres its eighth season on March 9 on ABC — will go on.
U.S. & World
Stories that affect your life across the U.S. and around the world.
"Yes, it is true I have had a minor setback in my training for 'Dancing With the Stars,' but I am dedicated to getting better and showing the judges and America that I can cha cha with the best of them," she said in a statement to AccessHollywood. "Don't count me out, as I am in this for the long run."
On Wednesday, she told Access' Billy Bush that her long rehearsals had been painful – but worth it.
"It's also a blast," she said, adding that she and her husband, fellow contestant Ty Murray, had learned some valuable skills. "We get these world-class teachers and we're learning something we never would've done. In fact, at our wedding, we didn't even dance – we just did that high school slow dance."
Related Content from AccessHollywood.com:
VIEW THE PHOTOS: Country Stars
PLAY IT NOW: Nancy O'Dell's Oscars 'Dancing' Confession Cam (Feb. 22, 2009)
PLAY IT NOW: Jewel Talks New Country Album