Eric Dane told Access Hollywood last week that he and wife Rebecca Gayheart were trying to have kids, but on Thursday the “Grey’s Anatomy” star revealed that the plan has temporarily been placed “on hold.”
Access’ Nancy O’Dell caught up with McSteamy at the premiere of his new movie, “Marley & Me,” in Los Angeles, where Eric explained why his family baby plans have hit a bump in the road.
U.S. & World
Stories that affect your life across the U.S. and around the world.
“I haven’t seen [Rebecca] since I saw you last,” Eric told Nancy when she asked how the road to parenthood was going. “It’s kind of on hold right now.”
Eric, who has been busy promoting “Marley” with co-stars Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson, explained that he will reunite with Rebecca on December 20, and they plan to “pick up where we left off.”
“We actually need to be in the same room for [it] to happen,” he added.
Eric also weighed in on the rumors that his “Grey’s” co-star, T.R. Knight, was leaving the ABC medical drama.
“Until Shonda Rhimes tells me that T.R. is no longer on the show, he’s on the show,” Eric told Nancy. “I worked with him yesterday. I think this is a little bit of rumor… a little bit of speculation. I don’t think there’s any truth to it.”
Eric went on to say that if T.R. were to leave the show, he would be especially missed.
“He’ll be a big loss,” he added. “George O’Malley is a very well liked character.”
Related Content from AccessHollywood.com:
PLAY IT NOW: Eric Dane Talks Babies & ‘Grey’s ' Rumors
PLAY IT NOW: ‘Marley & Me’ Premiere, Los Angeles