There were rumors that Bravo might pull "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" entirely following the recent suicide death of Russell Armstrong, the estranged husband of "Housewives" star Taylor Armstrong.
However, Variety reports that the network intends to keep its Sept. 5th premiere date, and will instead tweak the content.
"Contrary to what is being reported, we have not made a decision to change our original premiere date but we are in the process of re-editing the show," Bravo president Frances Berwick told the magazine.
U.S. & World
Stories that affect your life across the U.S. and around the world.
Although Berwick did not give specifics, the re-edits are believed to be focusing on downplaying references to Russell Armstrong.
The 47 year-old was found dead Monday in a house on Mulholland Drive. It was later determined by the Los Angeles County Coroner that the cause of death was suicide by hanging.
There had been suggestions that Armstrong was anxious about the upcoming season, and that his anxiety may have contributed to his death.
Armstrong's mother, John Ann Hotchkiss, appeared on HLN and claimed her son told her, "Mom, they’re just going to crucify me this season. I don’t know what to do. I’ll never survive it." When she asked if anything could be done to stop it, Armstrong allegedly replied, "No. All the network cares about are ratings. They don’t care if people are hurt, or if it destroys their marriage."
Prior to his death, Armstrong had threatened legal action against his castmates and the show's producers if they discussed he and his wife's relationship problems.