Boy Choked by Scarf While Playing with Dog in Bucks County Dies: Police

The boy, who was found unconscious by his mother last Wednesday, died Saturday at a Philadelphia hospital.

94939917
Getty Images

A 5-year-old boy who was apparently choked unconscious by his scarf last week while playing with his family's dog in Bucks County died Saturday from his injuries, police said.

John Bruno, of Warrington, was found Wednesday afternoon by his mother in the backyard of his house lying unconscious on the snow-covered ground. The mother untied the scarf and called 911.

Warrington Police Chief Daniel Friel said Monday the Philadelphia Medical Examiner's office was handling the autopsy and would rule on the cause of death.

U.S. & World

Stories that affect your life across the U.S. and around the world.

NBA, Celebs React to Kobe Bryant Death

Lakers Great Kobe Bryant, Daughter Among Those Killed in Helicopter Crash

He added that the "very unusual" incident appears to be a tragic case of accidental choking, but Warrington detectives continue to work with the medical examiner.

Friends of the boy's family created a GoFundMe page to raise money for medical and funeral expenses.

Contact Us