Officials: Girl, 9, Used Cellphone App to Send School Threat - NBC 10 Philadelphia
National & International News
The day’s top national and international news

Officials: Girl, 9, Used Cellphone App to Send School Threat

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Officials: Girl, 9, Used Cellphone App to Send School Threat
    AP Images for LG Electronics
    Superintendent Janet Sardon said the youngster will face disciplinary action when she returns to school in August but declined to say whether she will be suspended

    Authorities allege that a 9-year-old girl used a cellphone app to transmit a bomb threat to a western Pennsylvania elementary school last month.

    State police in Westmoreland County said the May 26 threat against Yough's H.W. Good Elementary School was made through a popular gaming site.

    Police called to investigate Tuesday identified a suspect and determined that the threat wasn't credible.

    Superintendent Janet Sardon said the youngster will face disciplinary action when she returns to school in August but declined to say whether she will be suspended. Sardon said the district sent parents a letter about the incident.

    DHS Secretary Defends Practice of Separating Families at Border

    [NATL] DHS Secretary Defends Practice of Separating Families at Border

    Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen defended the practice of separating families at the U.S.-Mexico border, saying that her department is merely following laws. Speaking at a White House briefing Monday, Nielsen said the issue has been growing for years, the product of loopholes that have created an open border.

    (Published Monday, June 18, 2018)