Hoverboard Sparked Maryland House Fire: Officials - NBC 10 Philadelphia
National & International News
The day’s top national and international news

Hoverboard Sparked Maryland House Fire: Officials

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Hoverboard Sparked Maryland House Fire: Officials
    Prince Frederick Volunteer Fire Department

    A hoverboard sparked a house fire early Wednesday morning in Calvert County, Maryland, fire officials said.

    Fire alarms alerted a family about an early-morning fire at their home in the 2000 block of Mount Pleasant Way in Prince Frederick, according to a release from the Prince Frederick Volunteer Fire Department.

    Crews arrived to find visible smoke and a small fire in the basement of the house.

    After putting out the fire, firefighters found "a serious issue" with a hoverboard inside the residence, officials said. They later determined the hoverboard caught fire while charging.

    'Tina, She's Gay!' Harry Styles Helps Teen Come Out to Mom

    [NATL] 'Tina, She's Gay!' Harry Styles Helps Teen Come Out to Mom Mid-Concert

    What is a girl to do when she decides to come out to her mom? Get Harry Styles to help. The One Direction crooner decided to give "Grace" a hand after seeing her handmade sign that said "I'm gonna come out to my parents because of you!!!"

    (Published Wednesday, July 18, 2018)

    No one was injured.

    In a press release, the fire department shared tips for hoverboard safety from the National Fire Protection Association, available online here (PDF)