Toddler Hurt by Falling Stove

A western Pennsylvania man whose son was hurt when a stove tipped over onto him says the boy's mother performed CPR and likely helped keep him from suffering irreversible brain damage.

Marc Jackson Sr., of Jenner Township, tells WPXI-TV that the boy remained in intensive care at a Pittsburgh hospital Wednesday, but was expected to fully recover.
The 2-year-old boy opened the oven door and climbed onto or into the disconnected stove, which fell over onto him, causing the boy's breathing and heart to stop Monday afternoon. Jackson says his wife is a nurse who immediately aided the boy and called 911.
The stove, which was built into the cabinetry, doesn't have a base. It was being stored on the family's enclosed porch while their kitchen was being remodeled, about 50 miles southeast of Pittsburgh.

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us