Pennsylvania

Conveyor Belt Catches Fire at Montgomery County Supermarket

A conveyor belt overheated and caused the evacuation of a Montgomery County grocery store Monday morning.

Firefighters responded to the ShopRite store along Forty Foot Road in Hatfield Township around 9:30 a.m.

The incident was caused when the motor of a checkout conveyor belt overheated and caused smoke in the store, said ShopRite spokeswoman Maureen Gillespie.

Local

Breaking news and the stories that matter to your neighborhood.

Man Shot Inside Venue in Ardmore, Police Say

Deadlines for Pennsylvania Voters Using Mail-in Ballots

Two employees were checked out a local hospital for smoke inhalation and released, said Gillespie.

As SkyForce10 hovered overhead a short time later you could see crews at the scene and workers standing outside the store.

After about 75 minutes the store reopened, said Gillespie.

Contact Us