Sheetz is putting Bitcoin ATMs in five shops around Pennsylvania and one in North Carolina, giving customers the ability to buy and sell the cryptocurrency with U.S. dollars.
On Tuesday, the convenience store chain announced it has teamed up with Coinsource to put the ATMs at the stores.
The Pennsylvania shops getting the new ATMs are:
Breaking news and the stories that matter to your neighborhood.
• 1915 Pleasant Valley Blvd, Altoona, PA 16602
• 1315 Lincoln Way E, Chambersburg, PA 17202
• 7970 Linglestown Road, Harrisburg, PA 17112
• 3025 Babcock Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15237
• 101 Valley Vista Dr, State College, PA 16803
Ryan Sheetz, a vice president at the company, says the chain is always trying to be innovative and give customers what they want.
Customers must enroll with Coinsource before they can use the ATMs.
Then, they'll be able to make transactions from $5 to $5,000 per day from the machines.
Family-owned Sheetz operates over 585 stores in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, Ohio and North Carolina.