Get a little peace during your morning and evening commutes by taking a ride on the “quiet car.”
Starting Monday, January 12, SEPTA will run "quiet" rides for selected weekday AM/PM Peak Express trains on the Landsdale/Doylestown (R5) line as part of the pilot program.
· Cell phones should be set to vibrate or mute.
· Do not make or take any phone calls.
· Use headsets with electronic equipment or hand held devices and keep volume turned down.
· Keep conversations with other passengers short using, and talk quietly – almost in a whisper. (Wonder what this means for the snoozers who snore on board)
The first car on each of the “QuietRide” trains is designated at the “quiet car.”
Check out QuietRide schedules:
AM Express Service
Breaking news and the stories that matter to your neighborhood.
· Train #507 Departs Doylestown 6:12 a.m.
· Train #505 Departs Lansdale 6:20 a.m.
· Train #4711 Departs Doylestown 6:41 a.m.
· Train #509 Departs Lansdale 6:49 a.m.
· Train #6595 Departs Doylestown 7:02 a.m.
· Train #515 Departs Lansdale 7:46 a.m.
PM Express Service
· Train #6596 Departs Suburban Station 4:15 p.m.
· Train #6572 Departs Suburban Station 4:44 p.m.
· Train #6576 Departs Suburban Station 5:17 p.m.
· Train #6598 Departs Suburban Station 5:34 p.m.
QuietRides will be offered through March 13, 2009.
Get more information at septa.org.