Get a little peace during your morning and evening commutes by taking a ride on the “quiet car.”
Starting Monday, January 12, SEPTA will run "quiet" rides for selected weekday AM/PM Peak Express trains on the Landsdale/Doylestown (R5) line as part of the pilot program.
· Cell phones should be set to vibrate or mute.
· Do not make or take any phone calls.
· Use headsets with electronic equipment or hand held devices and keep volume turned down.
· Keep conversations with other passengers short using, and talk quietly – almost in a whisper. (Wonder what this means for the snoozers who snore on board)
Breaking news and the stories that matter to your neighborhood.
The first car on each of the “QuietRide” trains is designated at the “quiet car.”
Check out QuietRide schedules:
AM Express Service
· Train #507 Departs Doylestown 6:12 a.m.
· Train #505 Departs Lansdale 6:20 a.m.
· Train #4711 Departs Doylestown 6:41 a.m.
· Train #509 Departs Lansdale 6:49 a.m.
· Train #6595 Departs Doylestown 7:02 a.m.
· Train #515 Departs Lansdale 7:46 a.m.
PM Express Service
· Train #6596 Departs Suburban Station 4:15 p.m.
· Train #6572 Departs Suburban Station 4:44 p.m.
· Train #6576 Departs Suburban Station 5:17 p.m.
· Train #6598 Departs Suburban Station 5:34 p.m.
QuietRides will be offered through March 13, 2009.
Get more information at septa.org.