Thousands of runners and many more spectators flocked to Philadelphia this weekend for the Philadelphia Marathon.
Runners made their way to the Benjamin Franklin Parkway for the 21st-Annual Gore-Tex Philadelphia Marathon Sunday.
For those of you who prefer driving over running in The City of Brotherly Love, here are the road closures you can expect along the Parkway.
- 18th Street, from Arch to Callowhill streets
- 19th Street, from Arch to Callowhill streets
- 20th Street, from Arch to Callowhill streets
- 21st Street, from Spring Garden to Arch streets
- 22nd Street, from Spring Garden to Arch streets
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway, from 22nd to 16th streets
- Arch Street between 16th to 4th streets
- 4th Street Arch to Vine streets
- Race Street, from 4th Street to Columbus Boulevard
- Columbus Boulevard (Southbound lanes), Vine Street to Washington Avenue
- Southbound off-ramp, from I-95 at Washington Avenue
- Washington Avenue, from Columbus Boulevard to Front Street
- Front Street, from Washington Avenue to South Street
- South Street, Front to 6th Street
- 6th Street, Bainbridge to Market streets
- Chestnut Street, 6th to 34th streets
- 34th Street, Chestnut Street to Girard Avenue
- Lansdowne Drive, Girard Avenue to South Concourse Drive
- South Concourse Drive, Lansdowne Drive to West Memorial Hall Drive
- West Memorial Hall Drive, South Concourse to Avenue of the Republic
- Avenue of the Republic, West Memorial Hall Drive to Centennial Circle
- Black Road
- Martin Luther King Drive
- Kelly Drive
- The Falls Bridge
- Ridge Avenue, Schoolhouse Lane to Manayunk Avenue
- Main Street, from Ridge Avenue to Green Lane
Note: Parking at the Philadelphia Art Museum area is very limited. Motorists and pedestrians can expect significant delays when trying to cross roads or streets adjacent to the course. All streets are scheduled to reopen by 6 p.m.Sunday.
Breaking news and the stories that matter to your neighborhood.
Mayor Michael Nutter plans to take part in the festivities even if he isn't running.
“The Gore-Tex Philadelphia Marathon is one of my favorite events of the year,” said Nutter. “From our historic sites along the course, to the enthusiastic fans that line the sidewalks, this race showcases some of the best elements of our great City. I’m looking forward to being out there at the Start/Finish line again this weekend to experience all the excitement of Race Weekend 2014.”
For more information click here.