Two local high school marching bands were big winners over the weekend.
Both the Unionville High School and the Downingtown West High School marching bands won several awards during the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl Marching Band Contest of Champions in Jacksonville, Florida.
Unionville High School won the following Class A competitions:
- Field Show Competition- Outstanding General Effect
- Field Show Competition- Outstanding Drum Major
- Field Show Competition- Outstanding Percussion
- Field Show Competition- Outstanding Auxiliary
- Field Show Competition- Outstanding Music
- Field Show Competition- Outstanding Marching
- TaxSlayer Bowl Sweepstakes Grand Champion
The high school also won a total of $10,000 in prize money. The Downingtown High School West marching band also won the class AAA field competition.
Breaking news and the stories that matter to your neighborhood.
The Unionville High School Marching Band performed during the pregame show of the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl between Penn State and Georgia Saturday. Both Unionville and Downingtown West also performed at halftime during the game.