Half of Philly's “Bonnie & Clyde” Back in Jail

One half of Philadelphia’s infamous “Bonnie & Clyde” duo is once again in trouble with the law.

One half of Philadelphia’s infamous “Bonnie & Clyde” duo is once again in trouble with the law.

Jocelyn Kirsch, 28, appeared in Federal Court on Monday after she was accused of shoplifting in California and violating the conditions of her parole, according to Philly.com.

Kirsch was a former Drexel student who, along with her former boyfriend, pleaded guilty to identity fraud and was sentenced to five years in prison back in 2008. Police say Kirsch and Edward Anderton, a University of Pennsylvania grad, defrauded neighbors of more than $100,000.


Breaking news and the stories that matter to your neighborhood.

How to Make Sports Safe for Kids

Where Are the Coins? Why They're Low and Why We Need Them

The duo stole identity information, credit cards and credit card account info from numerous victims, including friends, co-workers, neighbors, fellow students, bar patrons and others.

Kirsch and Anderton used computer spy ware, fake IDs and other technologies to carry out their elaborate crime spree for about a year starting in November 2006.

The couple used the money they took to live large in a Rittenhouse area condo. They also bought designer clothing, sported fancy haircuts and took lavish trips over the span of about a year. They took digital photos, leaving a trail of evidence for investigators and a photo history of their journey for the public to consume.

Kirsch and Anderton’s exploits made headlines around the world and they were dubbed the “Bonnie and Clyde of ID Theft.”

After their arrests, Kirsch was sentenced to five years in prison while Anderton was sentenced to four years.

Kirsch was released from federal custody back in 2011 but found herself on the wrong side of the law yet again after she was recently accused of shoplifting in California, according to Philly.com. 

Kirsch appeared in court on Monday and is now being held in custody. Philly.com reports that a judge ordered her to remain locked up until the court made a decision on whether the arrest violated the terms of her post-sentence court supervision.

She is scheduled for another hearing on April 29.


Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us