Patience and humor -- you'll need a bit of both if you plan to get anywhere this weekend on the Schuylkill expressway.
Aside from the regular rush of shoregoers, we've got three Phillies games, a Katie Perry concert, Manayunk's Arts Festival, the Philly Triathalon...
And with all that, PennDOT's shutting both sides of the Schuylkill down to one lane between South Street and 28th Street to fix that buckle in the road from the last heatwave. So from Friday at 8 p.m. to Sunday at noon, you want to avoid 76 through the University City area.
To let us know about your own traffic nightmares this weekend, send us a message on Twitter @NBCPhiladelphia with the #shoretraffic hashtag.
Here's how to get around it all:
If you're headed home from South Philly to:
- NE Philly: Take I-95
- Philly Suburbs: I-95 South to 476 North. Pick up 76 West in Conshohocken. Or I-95 North to the Vine West and then to 76 West [Warning: On Saturday, I-95 S, two left lanes will be closed between Packer and Broad from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Crews will also close the SB ramp to Broad from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.]
Alternate Route to the Shore:
- DON'T: Take 76 to the Walt Whitman
- DO: Take I-76 to the Vine East. Get off and take Vine Eastbound to the Ben Franklin Bridge.
Alternate Routes to S. Philly:
-- From NE Philly:
- DON'T: Take The Boulevard to I-76.
- DO: Go out of your way to take I-95 to Broad.
-- From Montco or Delco
- DO: Take the Blue Route South to I-95 North past the airport. Take the Platt Bridge and continue from there.