Gas Main Fire Injures 3 at Local College

Emergency crews are at the scene of a fire at a local college.

Firefighters and PECO officials were called to Rosemont College on the 1400 block of Montgomery Avenue in Bryn Mawr. According to a PECO spokesman, non-PECO workers were using a drill at a construction site when they accidentally struck the gas main, causing it to burst into flames.

The flames injured three people. Two of the victims suffered minor burns and were taken to the hospital for non-life threatening injuries. The third victim refused treatment at the scene.
Crews were able to put out the flames and shut off the gas main shortly before 5:30 p.m.

According to a Rosemont College Public Relations rep, the fire started at the site where the dugout and walkway are being built for a new turf soccer field and natural grass softball field.

Stay with for more details on this developing story.

Also on

Teen Admits to Choking Autumn Pasquale

Woman Arrested for Shooting at Father, Son

Plane Lands in Philly After Threat

Contact Us