Question for you. Are you ready for the DTV switch?
I know TV stations have been harping on the whole DTV thing for months now, but it’s actually a pretty big deal.
Anyone who gets their TV signal from an antenna and does not have a converter box or television with a digital tuner inside will be outta luck come February.
Now, you’re probably thinking, “How do I know if my TV is ready?”
Here are a few tips on how to get ready for DTV transition:
- The government mandated switch will happen on February 17, 2009.
- If you have cable TV (Comcast, RCN), satellite (DirecTV, Dish Network) or FiOS (Verizon), you do not need to do a thing. Your service provider does all of the work.
- Keep in mind that you may have additional TVs in your house that may not be hooked up to cable or satellite. You will need a converter box for those sets.
- It will cost you a few bucks for a converter box, but the government is giving away two $40 coupons to help offset the cost.
- To sign up for your coupons, visit DTV2009.gov.
- All TV’s manufactured after March 2007 were required to have a digital tuner inside. So, if your TV has a digital tuner, you don’t need to do anything.
Visit the DTV Conversion section of our website for more information on the switch.