Fumes Force People Out of AC City Hall

WMAQ_000000018734076_1200x675_726167107812.jpg
Getty Images

Workers were evacuated from City Hall in Atlantic City Friday afternoon because of fumes.

A repairman working on the second floor may have accidentally spilled a solvent, fire officials told The Press of Atlantic City.

Rescue crews treated eight people on the scene who had minor symptoms including nausea.

Two people were taken to the hospital for further evaluation.

City workers were sent home early while a Hazmat team checked out the building. Friday evening, everything was back to normal.

Contact Us