Bank of America wants to help give you one less thing to lose, and make your wallet a bit less cumbersome in the process.
That's the word out of a Silicon Valley digital conference this week, with Bank of America announcing plans to roll out "cardless ATM technology" at 5,000 branches, including 13 locations in the Philadelphia region.
The bank will install technology that lets customers withdraw cash, make transfers, and check balances using their smart phone.
Breaking news and the stories that matter to your neighborhood.
“Consumers are increasingly using their mobile devices to manage their daily lives, and we’re committed to delivering solutions that give them convenient and secure options when it comes to managing their money,” said Michelle Moore, head of digital banking at Bank of America. “Now in addition to using digital wallets for purchases, customers can use them to get cash at the ATM.”
The bank is the first to begin a broad rollout of cardless ATMs. For users, the experience goes like this:
- Identify cardless-enabled ATMs by the contactless symbol Universal_Contactless_Card_Symbol_svg.png near the card reader.
- When ready to perform a transaction, the customer will select their Bank of America debit card in their digital wallet and hold their device over the ATM’s contactless card reader to activate the ATM.
Bank of America customers can begin the experiment in June at the following locations:
- 650 ROCK HILL DR., BENSALEM, PA 19020
- 1050 WESTLAKES DR., BERWYN, PA 19312
- 243 ROUTE 130, BORDENTOWN, NJ 08505
- 807 E BALTIMORE PIKE, KENNETT SQUARE, PA 19348
- 222 BRIDGETON PIKE, MANTUA, NJ 08051
- 351 W ROUTE 70, MARLTON, NJ 08053
- 212 SOUTH ST., PHILADELPHIA, PA 19147
- 920 SOUTH ST., PHILADELPHIA, PA 19147
- 3801 ARAMINGO AVE., PHILADELPHIA, PA 19137
- 5215 CONCORD PIKE, WILMINGTON, DE 19803
- 2213 HESSLER BLVD., WILMINGTON, DE 19709
- 655 PAPER MILL RD., NEWARK, DE 19711
- 148 E MAIN ST., NEWARK, DE 19711