Elderly Couple Using Oven to Heat Northeast Philly Home Overcome by Fumes, Hospitalized

An elderly couple using an oven to warm their Northeast Philadelphia home were overcome by fumes and taken to the hospital, authorities said.

The incident happened about 1:30 a.m. Saturday in the 2200 block of Solly Avenue in the city’s Rhawnhurst section.

Authorities tell NBC10 the couple, in their 80s, was using an oven to keep their home warm when they were overcome by fumes.

They were taken to Aria Health Torresdale Hospital in unknown conditions.

Crews with the Philadelphia Gas Works were called to the scene to assist.

Contact Us