With a snowstorm packing blizzard potential hitting Philly, cultural institutions postponed events.
The Philadelphia 76ers moved their Saturday night game against the Boston Celtics to Sunday night at 7 p.m. instead. The snow also caused the New York Islanders to cancel their game with the Flyers in Brooklyn on Saturday night -- no makeup date as of yet.
Sorry food lovers, the Reading Terminal Market closed and canceled its planned Saturday ScrappleFest. [[273571721, C]]
Breaking news and the stories that matter to your neighborhood.
Plenty of area malls including the Deptford and Willow Grove malls closed for the day Saturday.
Philadelphia public libraries and Camden County public libraries and many museums in the area also closed including the Mutter Museum, Philadelphia Museum of Art and National Liberty Museum, which used the #ClosedinPHL hashtag to announce closures for Saturday.[[273571721, C]]
The Philadelphia Zoo also won't open Saturday.
Plenty of concerts -- including Macklemore & Ryan Lewis at the Tower Theater and Guster at the Fillmore Philadelphia -- and plays – including Hans Brinker and the Silver Skates and Funnyman at the Arden Theatre -- were also put on hold for Saturday after going on as scheduled Friday night.
If your event was postponed hold onto your tickets for a future date or refund depending on what the promoter decides. The best bet is to check with the venue before you go.
Here’s a list (this list is in no way exhaustive):
- Jennifer Nettles at Tower Theater in Upper Darby (postponed, no word on a future date)
- Ralphie May at Music Box at Borgata in Atlantic City (postponed, no word on a future date)
- Europa Galanta (canceled)
- Chris Young and Cassadee Pope at the Electric Factory in Philly (postponed until Feb. 28)
- Guster at Fillmore in Fishtown (Show has been reschedule for June 16)
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis at Tower Theater (the Sunday show was also put on hold for a future date)
- Chris Hardwick at Music Box at Borgata (postponed, no word on a future date)
- Ratatat at Electric Factory in Philly (postponed until Sunday)
- The Go! Team at Underground Arts in Philly (postponed, no word on a future date)
- Jerry Blavat at the Kimmel Center in Center City (postponed until Feb. 28)
- AVA Opera’s L'amore dei tre re at Perelman Theater in Center City (postponed until Tuesday at 7:30 p.m.)
- Alessia Cara at TLA on South Street (show has been rescheduled to Monday and all tickets will be honored then)
- Jess Glynne at Union Transfer on Spring Garden Street (postponed, no word on a future date)
- Echoes at World Café Live at The Queen in Wilmington (postponed until March 11) (Creem Circus post show also postponed)
- Orchestra 2001 at World Café Live Philadelphia (postponed, no word on a future date)
- Southside Johnny & The Asbury Jukes at the Keswick Theatre in Glenside (postponed until May 21)
- Kashmir - The Led Zeppelin Experience at Levoy Theatre in Millville (postponed to Jan. 29)
- Funnyman – Arden Theatre in Old City
- Hans Brinker and the Silver Skates – Arden Theatre in Old City (they also canceled drama school classes)
- God Bless Baseball at Fringe Arts on Columbus Boulevard (canceled)
- Dan Zdilla and The Big Warm at World Café Live Philadelphia (postponed, no word on a future date)
Looking for someplace where the show will go on? The Walnut Street Theatre’s performances of Harvey and a Moon for the Misbegotten are still set to happen Saturday.