Neighbors Lend a Hand During Raging Bensalem Barn Fire

A fire erupted at a barn in Bensalem on Sunday, leaving two firefighters injured. Neighbors lent a hand to firefighters at the scene, banding together to help carry a fire hose down the street. A viewer, Michelle Heil, and NBC10 photojournalist Augie Conte captured dramatic images at the scene.

8 photos
Michelle Heil
Neighbors help firefighters move a hose during a fire at a barn on Tennis Avenue near Bristol Pike in Bensalem Sunday, Aug. 21, 2016.
Michelle Heil
A firefighter works at the scene of the fire. Two firefighters suffered minor injuries while battling the blaze.
Michelle Heil
The barn on Tennis Avenue is located in a residential neighborhood. Bensalem Public Safety Director Fred Harran said the fire involved propane tanks, which exploded during the blaze.
Michelle Heil
Flames shoot from the top of the barn at the height of the blaze.
Michelle Heil
A firefighter works at the scene on Tennis Avenue.
Augie Conte | NBC10
The barn on Tennis Avenue smolders after firefighters put out the flames. One firefighter suffered heat exhaustion and another suffered minor burns.
Augie Conte | NBC10
There was no one inside the barn when the fire erupted.
Augie Conte | NBC10
A neighbor who lives near the barn said a local plumber used the building for his business.
Contact Us