There is a final push this weekend to get 100,000 un-insured Philadelphians to sign up for affordable health care coverage.
The deadline is Sunday, January 31.
There are enrollment events throughout the Philadelphia area this weekend to help consumers sign-up before the deadline.
Breaking news and the stories that matter to your neighborhood.
Philadelphia is one of 20 cities targeted by the Obama administration. The city with the most sign-ups wins a visit by President Obama.
There is an Affordable Care Act enrollment event both Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Methodist Hospital on S. Broad Street in South Philadelphia.
The Independence Express, the mobile education and enrollment center for Independence Blue Cross, will be in several locations in the Philadelphia area this weekend:
Saturday, January 30 and Sunday, January 31
Bala Cynwyd Shopping Center
175 East City Avenue
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Throughout Open Enrollment, Independence has been increasing its efforts to reach Latino communities, the most uninsured group in the country. Spanish-language resources will be available:
Saturday, January 30, and Sunday, January 31
Ceiba Health & Taxes Days
147 West Susquehanna Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19122
10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Those wishing to sign-up are encouraged to have on hand the following items for all members of the family who they wish to enroll:
- Social Security Numbers (or documented numbers for any legal immigrants who need insurance)
- Birth dates
- Information on tobacco use
- Income information (paystubs or W-2 Forms, wage and tax statements)
- Employer information, including employer name, address, and phone number;
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance plans
- Information from employer about any available job-related health insurance